Sep 13, 2023
Episode 10 – Finding Common Ground on Climate Change with Energy Consultant and Author Tisha Schuller
Can the oil and gas industry lead on climate? Our guest in this episode of Let’s Clear the Air thinks so. Adam and Andrew talk with Tisha Schuller, founding principal at Adamantine Energy and former president and CEO of the Colorado Oil & Gas Association.
As a student at Stanford University, Schuller was an environmental activist who opposed the oil and gas industry. Now she helps energy companies navigate today’s world where many people think we don’t need fossil fuels anymore. She also hosts the Energy Thinks podcast, featuring conversations with energy thought leaders.
Adam and Andrew talk with Schuller about her three books, particularly her latest work, Real Decarbonization, How Oil and Gas Companies Are Seizing the Low-Carbon Future, where she interviewed more than 20 leaders across the energy transformation landscape who are actually doing this work.
Among the topics Adam and Andrew discuss with Schuller in this episode:
- Her personal transformation from being anti-oil and gas to the head of the Colorado Oil & Gas Association, where environmental activists targeted her family.
- Her belief that people on all sides of the fossil fuel debate can coexist.
- How to engage someone opposed to your beliefs in a constructive conversation.
- Examples of energy companies diversifying and leading into a low carbon future.
- Finding opportunities in the backlash against ESG, environmental, social, and governance.
- How she is urging oil and gas companies to be disruptors and become leaders on climate.