May 15, 2023
Episode 2 – Energy Transition or Energy Addition? with Journalist Robert Bryce
For their first interview on the Let’s Clear the Air Energy Podcast, Adam Murray and Dr. Andrew Parker welcome one of the nation’s big energy thinkers for a far-reaching conversation.
Robert Bryce has covered the energy industry for more than 30 years as an author, writer, speaker and documentary filmmaker.
You may have read his commentaries on Forbes, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post. Robert has written six books, including his latest, A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations.
Bryce also hosts the popular Power Hungry podcast.
Among the topics Andrew and Adam discuss with Bryce:
- Progress on renewables reducing overall emissions and meeting energy demands
- The impact of fossil fuel divestment on the midstream industry
- Rhetoric vs. voter reality on the energy future
- Grid implications with the ‘electrify everything’ movement
- National security implications and supply chain challenges with battery minerals
“China’s dominance and supply chain issues are getting more attention and they should,” Bryce tells Andrew and Adam. “Even if we take this to heart, we’re still vulnerable here. It’s going to be a very difficult issue to address and will require a decadal commitment and investment.”
- Robert Bryce website
- Robert Bryce – Substack
- Robert Bryce Wikipedia article
- Robert Bryce Commentary – Ninth Circuit Spikes Berkeley’s Gas Ban
- Real Clear Energy-Solar Energy Rejections Soared in 2022
- Amazon- A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations by Robert Bryce
- NY Post – After the Texas Blackouts, Follow the Wind and Solar Money – All $66 Billion of It
- Forbes – Department Of Energy Price Data Spotlights Regressive Nature Of ‘Electrify Everything’ Effort